A common task that many ask is, "How do I link a file to my website?" Well, the answer may be easier than you suspect. With the new school year starting, everyone is looking to update their school calendar or handbook. Whether you are trying to update an existing file, or add a new file such as homework assignments, this article is a must read.
To link a file on your website, two things need to happen. The first, is the file must be hosted somewhere. You can host your file conveniently in your Image/File Center. The second step is linking the file on your actual website. We will cover both steps here:
Uploading your file.
- Open your Image/File Center by clicking the Image/File Center icon. 
- Click My Files
- Click Upload a File
- Click Browse, and navigate to the file you wish to upload, highlight it, and click Open
- Click Upload to complete the process
- When complete, you will get the message, "Your information has been saved"
- Close your Image/File Center
|Please NOTE: The accepted file types are: .asf, .asx, .avi, .cwk, .doc, .htm, .html, .m4a, .mdb, .mid, .midi, .mov, .mp3, .mp4, .mpeg, .mpg, .pdf, .png, .pps, .ppt, .psd, .pub, .rss, .rtf, .swf, .txt, .wav, .wma, .wmv, .wpd, .xls, .xml
Linking your file
- Open your Article, Page, or Box that you wish to create or update a link
- Click Content
- Type the text that you wish to appear and be clickable
- Highlight the text that you wish to be clickable, and click the Insert/Edit Link button
- In the Link Type drop down, select "One of your Files"
- In the Files drop down, select the file you wish to link
- Click Ok
- Your file should now be linked, so make sure you Save your changes